Monday, July 5, 2010

Uncharted Territory

I was convinced that I would not enjoy painting. I never could seem to get the brush to do what I wanted, so I stuck with my trusty oil pastels. But....I just finished my first acrylic painting and I actually enjoyed painting it! Its an abstract, which I seem to enjoy doing a lot more than realism or portrait type things. So without further ado, here it is. Its approx. 2ft by 1 1/2ft acrylic on canvas. Comments are welcome, and tell me what you see because everyone sees something different! Now I don't know what to do with myself, I just finished reading a book and a painting in the same day...




Ok, its a few days later and I've touched up the painting to make the foreground a little brighter than the background. Which do you prefer?



and yet again...I think I'm leaving it alone now.

1 comment:

  1. Look at you go! I had no idea you were hiding such talent!

    ReplyDelete