Saturday, July 17, 2010

Red

I went back to my trusty oil pastels this week, after finding a reference photo for this on an art forum. It was originally a white water lily but I think its looks so good in red! Keith gave me the idea for the moon :-) I think I could work on the reflections in the water a bit more, and the blending of colors in the sky. As far as details, this is all oil pastels on watercolor paper, about 9"x12". I'm considering this one a work in progress since I'll probably tweak it some more. I'm so excited to work more on art stuff because today I moved my desk and supplies out of the playroom into our bedroom! Took some finagling but it looks good and so peaceful, with no tiny fingers touching everything, lol.



Here's an updated picture. I added more layers and blended a little more to get rid of the 'boxy' feel in the reflections.

No comments:

Post a Comment