Saturday, March 13, 2010

Meet With Me



I REALLY should be in bed right now, but at least I finished another picture! I'll probably regret this tomorrow....but that's what coffee is for, right?
This one captured that sentiment I get when I really just feel the Lord near me. I guess it could be a continuation of the 'Contentment' painting. The one draws me to the other. Lord, I'm here to meet with You, come and meet with me.

I'm not sure exactly how I feel about the technicalities of this one. The chair is not exactly as I had planned, nor the rock, but I think it still captures the mood. I'm learning that mixing too many colors on top of one another will come back to bite you. They start to get muddy on the paper due to the texture not being able to grab the oils in the pastels anymore. One step at a time... :)

1 comment:

  1. i love your work so far Candi, its really encouraging to see your relationship with the Lord thru your work. What a ministry you can have thru it, as well!
    keep it up!
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete